My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Easy Beefy Shepherd's Pie
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef (90% to 95% lean)
+ 1 medium onion, chopped
+ 1 jar (12 oz.) mushroom gravy
+ 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
+ 2 1/2 to 3 c. prepared mashed potatoes, warmed
+ 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef and onion; cook 8-10 min., breaking into 3/4-in. crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to skillet; stir in gravy and peas and season with pepper.
2. Spoon beef mixture into 2-quart baking dish. Top with potatoes, spreading evenly; sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Bake in 450°F oven 25-30 min. or until bubbly and cheese begins to brown.
* Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
* Cook's Tip: Any type of prepared mashed potatoes may be used in this recipe: instant, refrigerated, frozen or homemade.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 389; Total Fat: 1g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 1054mg;