My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Courtesy of Irish Food Board
Serve With:Servings: 1
A rich dessert.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
What to do:
1. Start with very hot, strong, ground coffee.
2. Heat the glasses with hot water poured into them. Discard the water; pour coffee onto a spoon in the glass without touching the spoon to the glass to prevent the glass from cracking.
3. Add two tsp. sugar per glass. Stir very well to dissolve. Add a measure of whiskey and stir again to mix fully.
4. Use chilled cream (not whipped). Hold a dessert spoon just above the coffee. Do not allow the coffee onto the spoon.
5. Carefully pour on the chilled cream, allowing it to run from the center of the spoon onto the coffee. When the two streams of cream meet at the back of the spoon you have sufficient cream. Carefully remove the spoon and serve!