My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Crêpes with Shrimp, Spinach and Herb Filling
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. 1% low-fat milk (250 mL)
+ 3 large eggs
+ 1/8 tsp. salt (1 mL)
+ 1/2 c. whole-grain pastry flour (125 mL)
+ 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (125 mL)
+ 2 Tbsp. canola oil (30 mL)
+ 1 Tbsp. canola oil (15 mL)
+ 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (about 3 Tbsp./45 mL)
+ 1 clove garlic, minced
+ 2 tsp. all-purpose flour (10 mL)
+ 1/2 c. 1% low-fat milk (125 mL)
+ 5 c. fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (1.25 L)
+ 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed (500 g)
+ 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (1 mL)
+ 1/8 tsp. salt (0.5 mL)
+ 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons (60 mL)
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped (30 mL)
+ canola oil cooking spray
What to do:
1. Crêpes: In blender, place milk, eggs and salt and blend on mix setting to combine. Add both flours and blend until very smooth, about 15 seconds. Add canola oil and blend until incorporated, 5 seconds more. Pour batter into medium bowl, cover and place in refrigerator while you prepare filling.
2. Filling: In large, nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until softened but not brown, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more. Sprinkle flour into pan and cook, stirring until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Drizzle in milk and cook, stirring continuously until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook until it is just wilted, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp, pepper and salt and cook, stirring once or twice, until shrimp just turn pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
3. To make crêpes: Heat crêpe pan or 10-inch (25-cm) nonstick skillet with 8-inch (20-cm) base over medium heat. Spray pan with canola oil cooking spray. Ladle 1/4-cup (60-mL) batter into center of pan. Tilt and rotate pan so batter forms thin layer in bottom. Cook until top is no longer liquid and bottom is nicely browned, about 1 minute. Flip crêpe and cook other side until light brown, about 15 seconds more. Repeat with remaining batter until you have eight crêpes. (You will not need to re-spray pan.) Stack finished crepes on plate.
4. To fill crêpes: Return shrimp-spinach mixture to skillet at medium heat and cook until warmed and shrimp are cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in herbs. Place one crêpe on plate, top with about 1/3-cup (75 mL) of shrimp mixture in center and roll up. Repeat with remaining crêpes and shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.
* Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger and CanolaInfo.
Calories: 200; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 145mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 15g; Sodium: 400mg;