My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Irish-Inspired Beef Pot Roast and Vegetables
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 11 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 boneless beef bottom round rump roast or beef bottom round (3-3-1/4 lb.)
+ 2 pkg. (24 oz. each) fresh pot roast vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, celery)
+ 2 pkg. (.75 to .88 oz. each) mushroom or brown gravy mix
+ 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. black pepper
+ 1 c. beer
+ chopped fresh parsley (optional)
What to do:
1. Prepare pot roast vegetables: cut potatoes in half (or into quarters if large), onions into 1/2-in. wedges, and carrots and celery into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
2. Combine gravy mixes, flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add vegetables to bowl; toss to coat well. Remove vegetables from flour mixture and place in 5-6-quart slow cooker. Add beef roast to bowl, turning to coat evenly with flour mixture. Remove roast and place in slow cooker in center of vegetables.
3. Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture until smooth; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low 10-11 hr., or on High 6-7 hr., or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
4. Remove roast and vegetables. Skim fat from gravy. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and gravy. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
* Cook's Tip: Packaged pot roast vegetables may also be referred to as stew or soup vegetables. 1-1/4 lb. carrots, 1 lb. small red potatoes, 2 small onions and 4 small ribs celery may be substituted for packaged pot roast vegetables. Prepare as directed above.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 318; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 112mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 39g; Sodium: 516mg;